Thursday, July 26, 2007

Inspiration

Some years I go to NEcon and it's just hanging out with other people who love horror (that is my first passion) and staying up drinking (Sambuca and chocolate this year - I am a grown up, damn it!) and talking about how publishing continues to amaze us with change.

The last time I was there, I kept on asking all the other women horror writers where the novels about the horror of being female were (please recommend any really great horror of being female novels I may have missed). This year one of them said she had thought about that and was working on a menopausal dark fantasy (that may not sound riveting, but I don't want to give away too much of the plot). Suffice it to say that I am really looking forward to reading her book.

And I came up with a really great horror idea while there too.

Now, let's see if I can find the time to write it.

4 comments:

Angelique Armae said...

I love being around other authors. Every year a group of writer friends (about 10 of us gals) go to a lake house in Vermont for a week. We relax, chat, eat munchies and good food, drink and write. We each bring a project and help brainstorm, etc.

I feel so revved up about writing when I get back from camp.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good read.

Anonymous said...

Alas!
All the good agents want to be writers in their hearts.

Anonymous said...

Hello it's me, I am also visiting this website on a regular basis, this web site is actually good and the visitors are in fact sharing pleasant thoughts.

Also visit my web blog: cash advance bankruptcy