Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Graphic Novel Junior Agent

Someone recently wrote in and asked who handles thrillers here? And the answer is all of us and none of us.

I'm not particularly looking for thrillers, but I like death and women in jeopardy stories, so a smart pathologist, forensics expert, serial killer profiler etc. unraveling nefarious deeds would be my cup of tea.

Jenny is a little more likely to go for the cop/CIA/military/soldier turned writer, but, again, that's not particularly what she's looking for.

Spencer likes historical fiction, so books like the Da Vinci Code would be his thing. However, what he's really looking for is sci-fi, narrative nonfiction and historical fiction, so he too is not really looking for thrillers.

Jenny has a blog where you can see all the things she is looking for (litsoup.blogspot.com), if you haven't been there already.

I've kind of kept Spencer Ellsworth in hiding, because I don't want him to be deluged with submissions. He was our intern for a year, and was promoted to junior agent about six months ago, but he is getting his Masters and is a new dad, and is only taking on a handful of fabulous clients.

But he's ready to go public and asked me to ask for graphic novels. He is a comic book maven and loves the format and story telling of the graphic novel. So if you know anyone working in this new medium, email me with the header "Graphic Novel Jr. agent" and I will make sure Spencer gets your query.

8 comments:

Roscoe James said...

Interesting insight. Thanks.

Rachel Aaron said...

Very very cool. I've always loved graphic novels (especially things like Maus and The Maxx).

This Spencer fellow sounds pretty neat! Is he taking on any other areas or is he only looking for graphic novels at this point?

ryan field said...

Good for Spencer...he's the best!! He probably doesn't even remember, but he helped me a great deal, and I'll always be thankful.

Aimlesswriter said...

"I'm not particularly looking for thrillers, but I like death and women in jeopardy stories, so a smart pathologist, forensics expert, serial killer profiler etc. unraveling nefarious deeds would be my cup of tea."

Don't serial killers fall under "thrillers"?
I have a serial killer book and I thought it would be in the thriller genre?

Spencer Ellsworth said...

Thanks, Ryan. My heart is warmed. And my inbox is full.

Anonymous said...

Knowing the dangers of being overweight can motive us to not
only lose fat, but is extremely valuable in preventing it.
The purpose of Buy Get Him Back Forever is to be applied at the sole of
your feet and allowing it to sit at room temperature, stir in the orange juice, and stevia in
amounts determined by your taste. The scientists will say that this could just be due to two mechanisms at the cellular level?

That's all nothing else, in order to cleanse the blood.

My webpage - web page

sattabazzar said...

play bazaar is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs. Even you can find website theme with satta king and joomla.

yanmaneee said...

coach outlet
nike off white
coach factory outlet
kd 11
adidas zx flux
golden goose sneakers
balenciaga triple s
nike sneakers
nmd
balenciaga shoes