Wednesday, April 7, 2010

New Ebook Agent at the L. Perkins Agency

Saritza Hernandez is a new agent working in my agency who will be selling ebooks exclusively. She already has offers from Ellora's Cave, Loose Id and Dream Spinner Press for some of her clients.

Below is her introduction:

Realizing that the publishing industry was transforming and moving into the digital space, I started looking for a way to help friends of mine whose writing talent was shared only among the few of us in critique groups, fan fiction sites and writing circles. For many of these authors, the idea of sending their manuscripts to large publishers was not only daunting but practically impossible as their work did not fit the print niche. For others, the idea of making a living out of a passion was (and is) a pipe dream. Many of these authors have large fan bases in their niche of the digital worlds they occupy. I started thinking of how I could help them transition from writing for fun to writing for profit and soon after I started researching ways to represent their interests to publishers in the digital market. I want to remain dedicated to helping authors gain pub credits in the digital arena while riding the wave of the digital transformation of the publishing industry.

I want to stay with erotica and erotic romance as my main categories to represent.

What I'm looking for:
Male/Male Erotic Romance
Paranormal (angels, demons, mythical beasts, ghosts, werewolves, vampires, etc.)
Historical
Steampunk
Sci-fi
BDSM-themed
Contemporary Romance
Dark, edgy thrillers
Male/Female Erotic Romance (though I prefer m/m to be honest)
Same subcategories as above
Menage where the trio gains the happily ever after
Same subcategories as above

What I'm NOT looking for:
Literary Fiction
Christian Fiction
Contemporary Romance without erotic elements

Saritza can be reached at sh@lperkinsagency.com.

Once again, please tell your friends. I think this is a really exciting opportunity for both writers and Saritza!

5 comments:

Sugar said...

Oh man! my kind of girl! *gets superspeedy fingers to finish novel to send* :)
thanks for the intro!!

Kassandra said...

This is a very interesting way to tackle new opportunities in the publishing world! Great thinking!

Rebecca Leigh said...

what a wonderful opportunity! thank you for the intro.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Thank you so much for this.

I'll most likely be sending in a query letter next week.

Mr. king said...

play bazaar is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs. Even you can find website theme with satta king and joomla.